Sunday, August 30, 2009

Depends on your age...

I have been looking forward to this weekend. Last Sunday a group of girls from church decided that we would go see a movie on Saturday. So, last night we went to the movie Post Grad. I thought I might relate pretty well to this movie since I am a recent (a year ago..is that still recent?) grad. Well, I really liked the movie. I could relate. The confusion. The frustration. It was all there. But, as we left the movie we were following a group of people whose ages had to average 65 years old. I now understand the reason that we (my little row) were the only people laughing. I really wished that I would have stopped them and asked them what they thought of the movie. I am sure that our views must have been very different. I wonder if they could relate? They seemed like a nice grandparenty kind of group. (I think this because there was a young father in the hallway with a little baby and they all stopped to ahh over her.) I just can't help but wonder what they thought. Next time I think I will just ask what they thought.

2 comments:

Aves said...

Me and Joeli saw Post Grad as well, and even though it was a cute movie for the most part, I was NOT impressed by the acting. So cheesy. But all in all, it was ok. I can relate to the idea of it though. How life just doesn't ever really work out how we would like it to. Anyway, we definitely need to come see you. This weekend I have family coming into town though. But I do miss you girls, we will need a girls weekend one of these times!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I thought about seeing it but the idea of watching someone else having a hard time looking for a job would just stress me out.