Monday, August 17, 2009

Letter to an old friend.


Dearest Corn Dog,
I know that our relationship is a bit messy. I know that when I smother ketchup and mustard on you you might just let it drip all down my shirt. But, somehow you seduce me once a year with your greasy deep fried corn bread. I know we don't get to see each other very often but this is the way that it has to be. Because, to be honest I really don't want everyone to be able to see by looking at me that we have a relationship. Some relationships are best to be kept to once a year visit. I appreciate that you are thoughtful enough to come on a stick purely for my convenience. I also appreciate that you don't get jealous of the curly fries that are balancing on my lap as we meet. Sadly, I am writing you to let you know that I won't be able to make it this year. Please don't be upset and please don't take it out on the funnel cake. It wasn't his fault.
Love always,
Nicole



**This week is the NW Washington Fair...Today is the traditional demolition derby. I love the demo derby. It is a cultural experience and "oh so grand." I wish I was there with my family. I am not. So, instead I am googling picture of mullets and watching My Name is Earl (it's kind of like being there.) I Love the NW WA fair. I have been going since I was like 3 weeks old. yep. My parents took me to the fair as an infant. Culture has always been a big part of my upbringing.

2 comments:

Donna Chapin said...

You have such a wonderful sense of humor. I love it!
We missed you! Maybe next year you can join us for a corn dog and curly fries. Just as a reminder my stomach isn't use to all the deep fried morsels and it does take it toll.

ME said...

haha Nicole that was a truly amazing heart felt letter. I am sad you guys didn't get your reunion. We missed you!