What is beauty? Tonight I was reminded what beauty is. I am on the enrichment committee at church which is a lot of fun. But, tonight we wanted the ladies in Relief Society to be reminded of their divine role as a woman. So, we invited two ladies to come and do a musical fireside for us. It was amazing. It was heartfelt and very spiritual. From the very first note that was played I was reminded that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and that I am an important part of His eternal plan. We are all beautiful in so many ways. One of the songs that was shared tonight reminded me that beauty isn't a physical thing that is attraction. The world makes us think beauty is physical. But, being beautiful is something that is "pleasing." I love that the definition uses the word pleasing. Because ultimately the things that I try to do are things that would be pleasing to the Lord and I know that if I am doing these things I would be beautiful to my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I was able to go to this uplifting and wonderful fireside. I know that I am a daughter of a divine Being as I strive to do what is right I will be able to return to Him.
I am also so grateful for the great girls that I have the opportunity to work with. Tonight was truly a group effort that turned out amazing. We pulled off dinner without a hitch and it seemed everyone had a good time visiting and getting to know each other.
1 comment:
you want to know what i just noticed? we have the same blog background. who woulda guessed? awesome people think alike, huh? even being so far away from each other.
thanks for the blog, nicolette.. i needed it. i love and miss you!
Post a Comment