I often think about how the world wide web really is world wide. It amazes me. I was thinking the other day about when I was in high school and we had dial up Internet and we had to wait for those wonderful eeeerrrrrrshhhhhhhiiiiinnnnngggeeeee noises to get a connection. And then you couldn't be on to long because you were tying up the house phone. If you were on all night then your parents would know because someone was sure to tell them "I tried calling several times last night but your line was busy."
A couple weeks ago I was looking for something on Pinterest. When I clicked on a link that took me to a blog that ended up being the wife of someone that I grew up with. Small web!
Well, tonight I was looking up some videos to download for YW/YM opening exercises when I decided to hop onto pinterest to see if I could be inspired for my upcoming Sunday school lesson. I found a website that I had heard mentioned by a friend. So, I went the the website where I just started to randomly search different topics. I then found a post about favorite children's books. I love kid books so being curious I read the post and then I started reading the comments. And I was so excited to see that the first comment was from another friend! It is a small world wide web.
1 comment:
I concur! I concur! I love the abilities of the web. Which includes keeping current with you and yours.
Post a Comment