Another wonderful summer day in the NW! Today I went and picked some peaches off of our neighbors tree. (Don't worry I am allowed to. They love me!)
I went and picked the peaches first.... Then I decided I needed to go back and take a picture. I wish pictures were scratch and sniff.

Then when I got back into the house I realized I had picked a lot of peaches. What was I going to do with all of them??? Hmm..., trusty Pinterest to the rescue. I found a recipe that sounded easy. (Ok, it was called "easy Peach cobbler")
And here it is. I had to sample it and it is yumm-o!

INGREDIENTS
•1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•2 cups sugar
•3 teaspoons baking powder
•Pinch of salt
•1 cup milk
•4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium peaches)
•1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
•Several dashes of ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour the melted butter into a 13" x 9" baking dish
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Stir in the milk, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter over the butter but do not stir them together.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter without stirring them together. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired ( I used a little bit of cinnamon).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden-brown. Serve warm or cold.
I went and picked the peaches first.... Then I decided I needed to go back and take a picture. I wish pictures were scratch and sniff.
Then when I got back into the house I realized I had picked a lot of peaches. What was I going to do with all of them??? Hmm..., trusty Pinterest to the rescue. I found a recipe that sounded easy. (Ok, it was called "easy Peach cobbler")
And here it is. I had to sample it and it is yumm-o!
INGREDIENTS
•1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•2 cups sugar
•3 teaspoons baking powder
•Pinch of salt
•1 cup milk
•4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium peaches)
•1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
•Several dashes of ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour the melted butter into a 13" x 9" baking dish
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Stir in the milk, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter over the butter but do not stir them together.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter without stirring them together. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired ( I used a little bit of cinnamon).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden-brown. Serve warm or cold.
1 comment:
I wish your blog were scratch and sniff too.
Post a Comment