Tonight the YW witnessed a miracle. We took the YW to the lake to go tubing (perfect night on the lake.) Anyway, I won't hold you in suspense. Amanda hugged me. Yes, folks she hugged me. If you ask her she was avoiding falling off the tube into the lake but those of us who were there say it was a hug. I sadly don't have any photographic evidence. But, we don't have pictures of the parting of the Red Sea or the loaves and fishes. But, I know those were miracles and I don't need a picture for proof. I am not saying that Amanda's hug is nearly as miraculous or will it effect the lives of millions. But, it meant something to me. She trusted me to save her life. She trusted me to not let her crash into the water. Most of all I think it meant we are truly friends. I have her back. She has mine.
Oh and no one died that also was a small miracle. After 4 of the girls flew approx. 50 feet into the air and flipped 13 and a 1/2 times before entering into the lake gracefully and with very little splash. Those who witnessed this miracle saw a lot of legs and arms flying through the air in a kind of harmony that only tubing will allow. It was epic! Seriously, I think that come 4 years tubing will be an Olympic sport and Team USA has already been selected. No tryouts needed after the performance tonight.
4 comments:
so let's get it straight and tell the real story.....I was getting on the tube and kind of half fell off the back of the boat onto the tube and onto you....not quite a hug but better than ending up in the drink.
Also I'm SOOO bummed I didn't get a picture of that crrrazy fall. I never knew 4 girls could have 26 limbs combined that's all I saw, legs and hands flying everywhere. Then little Jaiden sitting there smiling, dry as a bone on the tube. It was so fun, next time we should bring the better tube and I'll be a little more adventurous.
I am sorry but there were 9 witnesses not counting either of us that will say it was a hug.
What a funny post. I vote that Amanda hugged you because I, too, believe in miracles.
You guys have a fun friendship, so great you get to work together, too.
Amanda and I have been friends since I can remember and she has never hugged me. So I would say that is quite the miracle! You must be doing something right :)
Post a Comment