Step 2- Find a new place to move to.
Step 3- Find/Gather boxes
Step 3.5- Call the Elders Quorum to enlist help in moving large furniture!
Step 4- Fill those boxes that you gathered. Staying up really late on a Friday night packing to be ready to move all day Saturday.
Step 5- Fall asleep mid packing
Step 6- Wake up at 4:30 am to keep packing.
Step 7- Decide that 5 am is an OK time to start moving into the new place...(feel bad for neighbors)
Step 8- Realize you don't have enough boxes.
Step 9- Empty boxes full of books so you can reuse those boxes.
Step 10-Continue carrying really heavy boxes up stairs until all that is left is the heavy stuff.
Step 11- Elders Quorum shows up and moves beds, couch, tables, bookshelves in record time.
Step 12- Make a lunch run to Subway and Tropical smoothie! (it is only 11:30)
Step 13- Take a little break. (nap time amongst the mess)
Step 14- Trip to the store for the essential cleaning items and a stop at D.I. to drop off of the stuff you don't want anymore.
Step 15- Clean the old place.
Step 16- Finally, all of your belongings are out of old place and into new place including the vacuum.
Step 17- Another trip to Wal-Mart for a rug, food, nails (because you dropped the nails into the couch and can't find it)
Step 18- Finally unpack all of that stuff that you just carried up all of those stairs. Not giving into exhaustion until new place feels like home and you feel bad for hammering so late.
Step 19- Crash into your bed with exhaustion. At this point you are so sore and exhausted you don't think you will ever wake up.
*Ironically, there are 19 steps up to our new place. Coincidence I think not. If you follow the steps just right you will wake up for church and hobble down the stairs really, really sore.
6 comments:
Just reading that made me exhausted. I still can't believe you had to move like 20 steps away. I wish so badly I could come visit you two. I miss you two soooooo much!
I quite literally feel your pain! we just barely moved to AZ (I know you already know). We had a few more steps in there because we had to haul all our crap into a U-Haul and drive 12 hours to our new place. Its exhausting and draining. I hate moving, but am excited to see your new place! How are you and heidi these days??? Its been a while since we've had a little update! I miss you guys!
why did you have to move? hope it feel like home or maybe not then maybe you will come back here:)
Post pictures of the insides!!!!
That was a clever post. I take it you didn't have to work that night. PHEW! Any pictures of your new apartment... even if it's just up the stairs?
Cali
i hate moving...I feel your pain! Sound like you made it through and I am sure that the elders loved that you packed your stuff. Matt shows up to help people move and they haven't packed anything!! It's crazy:o)
Post a Comment