
So, We have to move...We aren't happy about it but we can't do anything about it. The lady that owns our unit went into foreclosure on Tuesday. This means that we the responsible occupants that pay our rent on time and take care of the property have to move. The bank gives us 48 hours to tell them when we will be out and if we don't contact them then they will call the sheriff and they will remove us from the property and change the locks. Scary! All of this really fun stuff. Well, we called the guy and we have until the 15
th of March to move. We talked to the Condo leasing office and they can put us in another unit (whew). But, it is upstairs so we will have to move all of our stuff up the stairs (
eww). If this had happened 6 months ago no big deal. We had no furniture but we have furniture now and we aren't looking forward to moving. The ironic part is that I was cleaning the other day and I thought this place finally feels like home. So, if anyone wants to help us move we will supply the pizza!
7 comments:
Wish I was closer I'd be there in a heart beat... I HATE MOviNG!!!
There are some tricky rules relating to this. I am glad that you found a place to stay. Poo on wrongful evictions!
I just looked it up and in your state you have no rights, but you the lease is void when the foreclosure happens, so you can basically do whatever you want. Some people negotiate an earlier move out date for cash.
Oh man! Good luck girl, I know the pain of moving! But at least you have a place to go and its not too far! That's half the battle. Hang in there!
Oh this does stink Nicole. Hardly seems fair somebody ate your rent.
I'm glad the same complex has a place for you.
Hey Nicole! Just wanted to say Hi and thought I'd let you know I found your blog. check out ours at joshandkandis.blogspot.com. Good luck moving that sucks that you were just starting to feel at home.
Oh no, Nicole, I feel so bad for you. And you just had your apartment set up, too. Oh well, the next one will be even better!
Post a Comment