Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lesson in Faith

After many hours of searching, a pity party and much fretting Heidi and I have found our new home! We are so excited we fell in love with this cute 2 bedroom condo that is for rent. It is perfect. The rent is affordable it has great amenities a super nice kitchen and it is right down the road from my favorite shopping center which includes my favorite Wal-Mart. The only downfall is that we can't move in until September. Which isn't really that big of deal because Aunt Becky and Uncle Bob said we can stay with them until then. The lesson in faith I would like to share with everyone is: Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I have known this as long as I can remember. The problem is that I get impatient and I forget that I need to have faith in my Heavenly Father. The lesson I learned this weekend was driven home when I went to church today and the lesson that was given was on having faith in God's plan. It was like a huge HELLO! I mean I imagined the commercials for V8 where they get hit over the head and then say "Should have had a V8!" I had that moment in church today except the line would have said "Should have had faith!" Anyway, I am very grateful for prayer and that prayers are answered when faith is in action.

2 comments:

Donna Chapin said...

Yes, it is so true! We often need to remind ourselves that is in our Heavenly Father timeframe.
Remember he always answers are prayers and knows are needs, and we need to have faith. Sometimes prayers aren't answered with the v8 hit on the head, but I sure understand it better when it comes that way.
Love,
Mom

Aves said...

I am so excited you guys found a place! I've had quite a few of those "should have had faith" moments. I guess we live and learn! Anyway, I hope You guys will let me come visit you when you move in!!! Tell Heidi hello for me, I miss you girls!