Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kelly Clarkson?

Sometimes people tell me the strangest things coming through the check out line. I have been told more information about the general public than I would have ever cared to know in a lifetime. Let's face it. You are typically in the checkout line for at the most 3 minutes. Why in the world do customers at the end of a transaction feel that they know you and every detail of your life? I will never understand! I especially dislike when they feel it is ok to use your first name just because they read it off your tag.
Let me get to the point this week I had a family come through my line with about 5 people. The Dad asked me "Who do people tell you, you look like?" I said "My parents." He laughed then said "No one famous?" I replied "No." The man then whispered to his wife and she agreed with him. I politely asked "Why do you ask?" I am curious now. What is this guy talking about? He wouldn't tell me. But now his children want to now and so he whispered in their ears. Now I am getting annoyed. Really just tell me. His wife then politely told me "He thinks you look like Kelly Clarkson." Quickly the whole family agrees! I have never been told I looked like anyone except my parents or my sister.
I wasn't sure how to take this Kelly Clarkson comment. I didn't know if I should agree or what. So, I came home and "googled" Kelly Clarkson to compare. I don't see it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok - normally I would say I agree with you, but that's a pretty good pic you found of her.

I get Fergie (the Duchess of York, not the singer) and Wynonna.

Aves said...

Hmm, I don't think I see it... you're just cute sassy Nicole. But I love Kelly Clarkson, so I say its a good thing!