Friday, October 5, 2012

Pavement Shadows


When I was a kid I would love to play with my shadow. Is that strange? I don't know. But, I did. I would dance and twirl watching as my shadow would follow me. Today as I was heading to lunch I was looking for a good shadow picture for today and as I turned around to talk to someone. I noticed my shadow on the pavement. I had a flash back of playing on the neighbors cement driveway with my shadow. Shadows show up better on pavement then grass or gravel. Pat and Gayle were the only ones in the neighborhood that had a paved driveway (and it is very short) We (the neighbor kids) would often be found riding our bikes and rollerblading on their short driveway. Mind you we would have about 5 of us riding our bikes and rollerblading on that short driveway but when you live in the county you are happy to rollerblade on a cracked somewhat bumpy paved driveway. It works so much better than the grass.Yes, we could ride our bikes in the back field and in our yards but it riding on pavement was so smooth and easy to pedal. So, today I just felt like a should capture a pavement shadow.

No comments: