Monday, July 28, 2008

Pre-Birthday Celebrations


I hate knowing that there is going to be a surprise for me. I know this sounds a little strange. But, I hate that I can't know what is going on. I hate that everyone looks at you with that look in their eye. It just says "I know something you don't know." I hate knowing that someone has something up there sleeve and they won't tell me. Especially, if it is Heidi that won't tell me. She is the best secret keeper. She won't crack even a little no matter how hard I try. She just smiles at me and says "I don't know" all sweet like. Since, the big birthday is fast approaching I new she was up to something. I mean she had me cutting out numbers for her classroom work stations on my cricut! The best part is that she wanted a lot some particular numbers (2s and 5s). I was very suspicious but I played along because I didn't want to know that there might be a surprise. Friday night I got home from work and I was attacked by Heidi who blind folded me and lead me to the backyard. She then removed the blindfold to unveil a wonderful luau! Aunt Becky and Heidi had made dinner and decorated the backyard just for my birthday! It was so nice! We had a simple dinner and they made the signature funfetti bday cake! They threw me the party early because Heidi left today to go home for a couple weeks and I am headed to Washington for my actual Birthday! I am so grateful for their thoughtfulness! Then I can't forget to tell you about the funniest things that happened this weekend. First funny thing: Heidi and I are sitting at a stop light. This crow comes flying at my window. The windows are all down and I am watching as this bird is not stopping or flying higher. I thought for sure he was going to fly into the car! I was terrified! The bird was trying to correct it's path and it barely made it over the roof of the car. I think that the bird was as scared as I was! I mean what are you going to do with a bird in your car? Second funny thing: We went to TCBY and being a little lazy we went through the drive thru. I ordered orange dream it was so good! Heidi ordered "Rainbow creme" Heidi not be one to adventure out and try new things was shocked when this playdough looking nasty bowl of frozen yogurt was brought to the window! It was terrible looking and it was truly tasted like vanilla! SICK! it stained her teeth after one bite! Oh, here is to trying new things! Third Funny thing: We went to see the movie Mama Mia! It was so funny! I couldn't help but laugh out loud!

Sunday night we celebrated uncle Bob's 55th bday! He hates Birthday's but I think he enjoyed this celebration a little bit! We surprised him with chicken enchiladas for dinner that he really loved and a tasty brownie for dessert!

No comments: