Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Still Earning My Keep...


So, we are almost ready to paint the pool..(it isn't really paint. I think it is some sort of coating.) Uncle Bob has been slaving away smoothing the bottom of the pool out. He first had to scrub the pool with this heavy duty acid wash, then he had to clean it 2 more times to be sure it was clean. Then he had to make a cement mixture, spread some cement on the pool floor/walls, then take a squeegee and smooth it all out (he repeated this A LOT of times), then he has to sand the rough spots and feather out the edges. Now that this part is done he can apply the paint stuff. So, he has really been slaving away! The best part is that I have been able to help too! I get to hand him things, I get to follow him with a broom and sweep up the gunk that he sands off, and my favorite job- I get to clean out the cement mixing buckets! Uncle Bob told me that it is really important to have several clean buckets. So, I am doing my best! To be completely honest I like cleaning the buckets because I am hot and I get to play in the water. I usually end up wet with cement gunk all over me. So, the point of this strange post is it doesn't matter if your job helping is just cleaning the buckets, every little step leads to a beautifully, clean and wonderful pool to enjoy this summer! I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I miss those cute little toes! Looks like your summer is going to be great with that pool! I am jealous. Love ya!

Aves said...

I wish I had a personal pool to enjoy this summer! Maybe we should all come visit you and have a reunion and pool part! :)