Sunday, May 25, 2008

Queen of America

For those who don't know I have taken a job at Smith's Food and Drug. It isn't my dream job but it gets me out of the house and it is less than 2 miles away. I really like the people I work with. They are very, very different then the people I worked with at Broulim's. But, everyone has been really nice. The manager was desperate for a checker and I was literally thrown into the check stand with no training! The system is a lot different than what I am used to but I have it now! Anyway, tonight the manager I was working with told me that I should be working at Trader Joe's. Since I have never really shopped there I thought it was a joke because I am from Washington and supposedly they are a environmentally friendly store or something along those lines. Maybe she thinks I am a major tree huger. I asked her "why?" She laughed at me and told me..."You are just the ALL AMERICAN GIRL!" I laughed so hard! I told her that I love America and my friends call me the Queen of America. I have always known that I love America but I had no idea that a stranger could tell that I am the Queen of America.
(Lisa as George Washington, Nicole the Queen of America, & Amy as Abraham Lincoln)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats on the new job!

Donna Chapin said...

Oh Nicole-

I love to read your blog! Your picture is priceless!

Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

I feel so proud to say that I have had the chance to live with the Queen of America. 5, 6, 7, 8 :)