Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Morning Routine


Bleh, I hate mornings. Actually that isn't exactly true. I love the feeling of getting up early and getting  a lot done before noon. But, I just hate waking up. I sleep very well. I don't typically have a problem going to sleep or staying asleep. Sleep is easy for me. I lay down. I close my eyes. I sleep. I know not everyone has this skill. But, I think it might be my coping method. When I am overstressed. I crave sleep. When I sleep it all goes away. 

So, every morning it is as if I am waking from a coma. I have several alarms set. Even on days that I have nothing planned because otherwise I might not stir.

I usually wake up at the last possible second when I know I can leave the house to get to my destination. I know I can't get read under 45 minutes. So, that is my magic number. I have to be out of bed 45 minutes before I have to leave. 

When I wake up I don't talk to anyone. I go straight into the bathroom where I have my 45 minute routine pretty ironed out. Prayers, bathroom, shower, makeup, hair, teeth, clothes out the door. I know teeth last is weird but if I try to brush them sooner I gag. I don't think my gag reflux is awake until 40 minutes after I wake up. Hence the no breakfast part. I understand breakfast is important but so is not gagging.

Then on my way to work. I say another prayer because now I am a little more alert. I hope I am more alert since I am driving. eek. I use my morning drive to work as my time to prepare mentally for the day so usually the radio stays off. 

Then once at work. I change the phones over to the day services and I turn on my computer and away I go...

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Long live this computer so that you will keep blogging.

I love reading about your morning routine. It's these little details that make journals interesting.

I'm glad you got a new computer.

I have no advice for you on where to move or what to do, but I trust you will. Does that count?

Happy Birthday.

Nicole said...

Thanks Jane! I think I missed blogging. So I am glad to have you as a friend.