Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4-leaves

The leaves in our table get used a lot. Tonight the table is stretched out for a project. I don't think I could come close to guessing how many meals we have had around our stretched out table. Let alone how many different faces have gathered here. I associate this table with many things. But the thing that I think has happened the most here has been laughter. When we gather around the table to eat we laugh. When we play cards we laugh, we laugh during family meetings and we laugh when we are just hanging out. So tonight I am grateful for the leaves that stretch our table so that memories can develop here. 

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a terrific post Nicole.

Amanda said...

I like these "leaves"! I'll always remember it as the Brita water debacle of 1998.... :)
Also I'm super excited for that super fun super secret project you're working on for Wednesday! It will be so great.