Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11- something old

After my great grandma McConnell passed away we were allowed to go up to here place and see if there were any treasures we wanted. It was really hard for me to go to her house and teacher things. So, I finally went at the end right before the house was sold. Most everything was gone or had been sorted for goodwill. My sister had gone ahead of me and saved me a couple teacups that she thought I might like. Which was really thoughtful. I think she claimed a frying pan, a glass pie plate and a vegetable peeler. (She said that was what she needed.) Since most everything was all boxed ready to go to the goodwill I couldn't find anything that I thought would remind me of grandma and grandpa. Until I found my grandma's 1987 bowling trophy and my grandpa's harmonica. When I came up from the basement everyone wanted to see my treasures. When I showed them they laughed and thought I was joking. I wasn't. That was what I wanted. Everyone encouraged me to keep looking which I did and I found a few more things. But, the bowling trophy and the harmonica were my real treasures. 

No comments: