Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3- Happiness

Today we had a change in our YW presidency. I knew the change was coming for a week. It was so hard not to accidentally say something to the YW. I also knew that I was teaching today. Our topic was overcoming challenges and problems. I could have taught this lesson for a five hour class but due to time I had to boil it down to 25 minutes. I hope that the YW were able to understand that when we face challenges if we do two things that we will be able to overcome challenges. The first is to pray and the second to read the scriptures. By praying you will be able to develop a relationship with your Heavenly Father and through reading the scriptures you will build the foundation of a testimony. 

Being involved in the YW program has been one of the most amazing callings I have ever had. The girls make me so happy. I love seeing them learn and grow. They are in my thoughts constantly. They are great examples to me and I love learning from them. I have loved serving with Becky and seeing her example. She has taught me so many wonderful lessons. She never gives up and she always put her all into her calling. She loves the YW so much and she would do anything for them. I am grateful that I get to continue to serve them and I look forward to working with our new presidency. Amanda will be a great President and I look forward to working with the new second counselor Christie.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love these daily posts from you Nicole. So glad you get to continue working with the young women. You inspire me in many, many ways.