Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to me! Three months late. I think I might have set a new family record in drawing my Birthday out. For my Birthday (in August) my parents bought me tickets to see Wicked. It was worth the wait. I invited my friend AP to come with me. We had so much fun! I hadn't seen Wicked but my sister had and she loved it and she usually has pretty good taste (except when it comes to Justin Bieber) The show was so amazing! I love Ga-linda!
I love going to the theatre. I love sitting in the audience and seeing amazing talent on stage. I like going to movies but the theatre is magical. The actors create a magical experience. The audience bonds through laughter and applause. In High School I worked backstage for a lot of the performances. I didn't want to be out on stage, that terrified me. But, I loved to be behind the scenes helping get the costumes, make up and props set for the night. I loved that I was able to be part of a production. I remember loving the inside jokes that the cast had. Last night as I watched the show. I was wondering what kind of inside jokes this cast has. What are they laughing about off stage that we don't even know was funny? The high school drama teacher would tell us to "create magic" before a show.
The theatre is a truly magical place and I am grateful that I have been able to experience it. I remember the first real show that I got to go see. We went to the Nutcracker in Seattle with my Grandma. I can't remember who told me but I knew that the tickets were expensive and this was a special event. I knew that I should pay close attention and I shouldn't fall asleep. I remember loving it. I thought I was going to become a ballerina. My grandma bought me a necklace that had a ballerina haging from a black satin ribbon. I wore that thing until it broke. When I wore that necklace I felt like I had a bit of magic with me. I was so sad when it broke. I felt like the magic was gone. But, lucky for me I have been able to go to more shows and still feel that same magic.
So, in case you are wondering if you should spend the money to go to the theatre- do it. You won't regret it.  

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm so glad you loved it!

You, my dear, are the magic. You have such a grand personality.

Nicole said...

Jane, You always say nice things to me! You are the best!