Monday, November 26, 2012

Lesson Learned



Tonight I decided to go to FHE up at the Institute building which is up near Western's campus. I don't usually go just because I don't like driving all the way up to Western in the scary dark. But, I was supposed to meet someone up there after FHE so I figured I better go. But, on the way there I had to make a stop. I have had this feeling for months that I was going to get pulled over. Ever since I bought Luna I knew that she liked to go fast. I tried to slow her down but she likes to go fast. I can't (easily) help it. Well, tonight I was paying attention to all the pedestrians walking around. I saw the sign that said 35 mph. I missed the one that said 25 mph. So, after passing Mr. Nice Cop parked in the school parking lot I had to make a stop. I was honest. I told him that I was going 40. I told him that I didn't realize the speed had been reduced. I told him I was sorry. I also handed him my insurance, registration and License. Why do we keep so many insurance cards and Registrations in our cars?
He asked where I was coming from. I said my home in North Bellingham. He asked if I had had anything to drink. I told him never. I didn't know why he was asking me these questions but then I realized I was basically on a college campus. But, really would I be coming from a ragin' keger at 7pm on a Monday night? Maybe, those exist. I don't know we didn't have those at BYU-I. 
He finally came back to the car after I sat there being blinded by his flashing lights for 15 minutes. Seriously, why does it take so long? It isn't like I have a mile long rap sheet. I don't even have a rap sheet. He gave me a warning. He told me I need to slow down and pay attention to the signs. I will. The only problem is when it is dark and I am paying attention to the pedestrians jay walking I have a tendency to miss signs. He then "dismissed" me. True story. He said I was dismissed. Lucky for me he was nice. Unlucky for me I got to FHE late and then the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there. Wah-wah.
And that is what I learned tonight.
Oh, and the lesson tonight was listening to the Holy Ghost as it a guide for us. hmm... maybe like months of feeling like I should slow down?

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Nicole, this is a funny one. I especially enjoyed, "Ever since I bought Luna I knew that she liked to go fast. I tried to slow her down but she likes to go fast." I could just hear you saying it. I'm so glad you blog. I sure enjoy reading it. Thank you.