Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cake Mix


I can't remember if I have shared this story before so if you already know it then just ignore this post. A long time ago my friend Jenn and I asked our parent if we could make a cake. We chose a strawberry cake. It was going to be delish. We got out cake pans and measure cups and bowls. We had the water, oil and eggs. Well, if you ever need to make a cake mix stretch let me tell you it can be done pretty easy. We had all the right ingredients but we ran into one problem that we weren't aware of. How to read the instructions. I don't know who was in charge of the fractions but one of us maybe both read the amount of water we needed as 11 quarter cups. Not 1/4 cup. We filled 9 by 13 pans, round pans, cupcakes, pie pans, casserole dishes. Everything we could think of. It was the most moist cake you will ever eat. Since then every time I make a cake I think of the Strawberry cake failure. I sometimes wonder how many cakes I will have to make successfully before I will be able to forget that stupid strawberry cup/piepan/round/casserole cake. Anyway, tonight I decided to return a favor. My coworker Tracy's last day is tomorrow. She made cake pops for my Birthday and we all decided that cake pops are a true sign of friendship. They are a lot more work than they appear. So, in honor of her last day I made cake balls. (no need for those silly sticks) I think that they turned out pretty good for accidentally adding to much frosting. And who cares if they don't look perfect they taste amazing! out of the 20 balls that I formed 16 are presentable. Not bad.

1 comment:

Ande said...

Haha that is the funniest story. I love the thought of you guys pulling out every pan you could think of. The cake balls, however, look like a complete success.