Friday, November 30, 2012

"YOU ARE AN IDIOT"


     I know the title isn't nice. But, this is very toned down from what I was thinking. I had my 2nd worst experience in a parking lot today. I am not kidding. I was SO MAD!! I wanted to run to Walmart on my lunch to pick up some garland. I was planning on decorating my office space and I just needed some garland. I took a late lunch and when I got to Walmart the line to pull into the driveway was crazy long. So, I thought I would sneak around the building. Well, Walmart has very unsmartly (not even a word) blocked the side of the building so you can't drive around the building. Which I think would be a fire hazard. I am looking into it. So, since I couldn't sneak around the store. I had to get in the line to park. As I approached the first lane of parking spots I noticed one opening up. I so I decided to head down that lane. I pulled up and turned on my blinker. (national dibbs signal)
     The oncoming cars stopped to allow the car leaving to get out. The lady in the oncoming car acknowledged that I was taking that spot. When all the sudden I look to the passenger side of my car to see a car trying to squeeze by on my right. She pulled up to my passenger window and motioned me to roll down my window. and was telling me to back up. She wanted that spot. I refused. I would not roll down my window. I also wasn't going to back up. She kept going. The car leaving was half out of the spot when they stopped and the passenger opened her door and was like "what are you doing??" and told the lady to back up. The crazy lady didn't- she literally squeezed her car past mine. I ended up backing up a few inches because she was going to hit me.
     Since "Crazy" couldn't make that turn she decided to go ahead and pull forward in front of the oncoming traffic and then she backed into the parking spot. 
I could have made the turn. I could have gunned it and taken the spot. But, in my rage I had a clear thought enter my mind. I thought DON'T! She will ram right into you. You will have a ruined car and then you are going to have to deal with a mess. So, after she was in the spot and the oncoming car and I created a bond through our rage. (Oncoming car was pretty much laying on her horn this whole time) I pulled up and as I passed yelled at her "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!" Not my finest moment. I ended up parking in the lane over and only a couple spots down. I am not afraid of walking. I actually prefer to park far away rather than wait. but, I was so enraged over this idiot. I badly wanted to leave a nasty note. But, I just couldn't do it. I was to scared people would see me. I saw the lady in the store and I had to walk the other direction just to keep control.
     I try really hard not to be prejudice against our Canadian neighbors. I try not to let it bother me that they clogged the Costco gas line, that they throw all the clothes on the floor at Ross, that they buy all the milk, that they drive 35 in a 50, that they stand in the middle of the aisle with all 15 family members as they choose what kind of chips they want. I try not to let these things bother me. But, this was the last straw.
     oh, and yes she was a Canadian and no I didn't know that until I walked by her car on my way into the store. I will not be returning to Walmart in the future due to this issue and it wasn't even Walmart's fault. But, I will finish any Christmas shopping online. I don't have to deal with parking spots when I shop online.
I am embarrased by my actions. I don't know what snapped but I really hope that it doesn't happen again. the worst part is that I have to go to Costco tomorrow on a Saturday to buy food for the YSA ward Christmas party. Yuck.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

blinker = national dibbs signal (I thought that was funny.)

This lady makes me mad and I wasn't even there. I think inconsiderate and selfish people are so hard to be nice to.