Warning this is long and boring- but if you are interested to know what I do at work here you go:
Let's go on a little tour of my life at work. For part of my job I search for supporting documents that are missing. What happens is we receive payments and with those payments there should be an Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) to tell us how much the insurance is paying and how much we need to bill the patient. Unfortunately we don't always get these EOBs. When we don't get the EOB I have to locate it. Sometimes I can get it on-line, sometimes I have to call and request it. I like the on-line ones. It makes my job easy. I don't mind calling certain payors. Others I dread. My goal is to locate this information so that we can straighten out patient accounts and make sure that money is applied to the correct places. (simple right?)
Currently I am working on some really old stuff that has no info- I basically have to hunt for tiny, no- teeny clues then try to put the pieces together. I am like Sherlock Holmes..No more like Nancy Drew I think she is probably cuter.
I don't mind calling when I have a little background as to why I am calling. I hate calling and being like-
Me: Sooo, I see that you guys did an offset (they kept money because they overpaid somewhere else.)
Insurance Guy: When was the offset done?
Me: Sometime within the last 15 years can you tell me who it was against and why. (I know this is a stupid question but I ask anyway just in case)
Insurance Guy: Do you have the check number, the Date of Service, or the patients name?
Me: No, I don't have the check number, no I don't have the patients name, no I don't have the check date. I have the amount. Yep, that is all just the offset amount. (I know they won't be able to locate it but I ask anyway because I try to exercise faith while on these calls)
Insurance Guy: I can't seem to locate anything.
Me: Wait, What do you mean you can't locate it? I have the amount.(I'm not really surprised) I guess I will keep looking for another 15 years til I find something that actually might be helpful.
Yep that is how these calls go. They are fun. After calls like this I no longer have to wonder why I don't ever feel like I get anywhere on this project.. oh, well. Nancy Drew is on it and eventually I will solve the case.
Let's go on a little tour of my life at work. For part of my job I search for supporting documents that are missing. What happens is we receive payments and with those payments there should be an Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) to tell us how much the insurance is paying and how much we need to bill the patient. Unfortunately we don't always get these EOBs. When we don't get the EOB I have to locate it. Sometimes I can get it on-line, sometimes I have to call and request it. I like the on-line ones. It makes my job easy. I don't mind calling certain payors. Others I dread. My goal is to locate this information so that we can straighten out patient accounts and make sure that money is applied to the correct places. (simple right?)
Currently I am working on some really old stuff that has no info- I basically have to hunt for tiny, no- teeny clues then try to put the pieces together. I am like Sherlock Holmes..No more like Nancy Drew I think she is probably cuter.
I don't mind calling when I have a little background as to why I am calling. I hate calling and being like-
Me: Sooo, I see that you guys did an offset (they kept money because they overpaid somewhere else.)
Insurance Guy: When was the offset done?
Me: Sometime within the last 15 years can you tell me who it was against and why. (I know this is a stupid question but I ask anyway just in case)
Insurance Guy: Do you have the check number, the Date of Service, or the patients name?
Me: No, I don't have the check number, no I don't have the patients name, no I don't have the check date. I have the amount. Yep, that is all just the offset amount. (I know they won't be able to locate it but I ask anyway because I try to exercise faith while on these calls)
Insurance Guy: I can't seem to locate anything.
Me: Wait, What do you mean you can't locate it? I have the amount.(I'm not really surprised) I guess I will keep looking for another 15 years til I find something that actually might be helpful.
Yep that is how these calls go. They are fun. After calls like this I no longer have to wonder why I don't ever feel like I get anywhere on this project.. oh, well. Nancy Drew is on it and eventually I will solve the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment