Monday, September 28, 2009
Blessings
Today was a special day. It was special for many reasons. One reason it was so special was that I was able to attend a baby blessing. Allow me give you a little background to understand the rest of my special reasons. A long time ago (I can't ever remember not knowing them- that is how long.) The Bowden's moved into our ward and our families became friends. We have been camping, we attended football games together, Jen and I thought about becoming models, Michelle helped Cody graduate, we have been to each others family reunions. and we support each other in good and bad times. These people are more than just family friends. Several years ago Michelle started calling Karen "Aunt Karen." Aunt Karen and Uncle Dave moved to Las Vegas this spring. It has been a blessing to me. They include me as if I am family and today as I was sitting in Sacrament meeting with the Bowden's I felt like I was home. I was with family. Even though there is no blood relation I was surrounded by family. I couldn't help but feel gratitude for the blessing that friends and family are to my life. I know Heavenly Father gave us family so that we could be protected and so that we could be reminded of His love. Today was indeed a special day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad to count my blessings to include the Bowden family too. And thankful that they invite you to participate in their family activities.
Post a Comment