Monday, September 21, 2009

In unrecent news...

A while ago Heidi and I made a trek up to the great state of Utah. The trip ended up not going as we had planned. We should have been clued in when we ended up leaving approx. 2 hours late and we forgot to calculate the time change. We weren't upset though. We just decided to take it as it came. We have made this drive a few times. We ALWAYS seem to forget that it does get a little boring. Luckily, we had Ipods full of great music and I had a (as in one) piece of paper so that we could entertain ourselves with an exciting game of MASH. We have made many long trips since we have been friends. Heidi is usually the driver. I am the entertainer. I wasn't very prepared this trip. Luckily, I did have my camera as entertainment.




We did get to see some of our favorite people. We had dinner with Mindy which was as always so much fun. On Sunday, Heidi and I stopped by the Red Lobster to see my Chyla! She was really busy but I got to give her a quick hug and tell her that I love her. We ended up having to head back to LV Sunday night. Earlier than we wanted but it was amazing just getting away from Las Vegas for a minute to enjoy the lower temps and just relax.


In more recent news:
I had today off so I took advantage and pulled out O. O is my sewing machine. He isn't named after Oprah. His full name is O Brother. He and I are becoming better friends with each project. We are learning to work better together. I don't have to call my friend Mr. S. Ripper nearly as much for help. After some really great team work I was able to produce this skirt number. Yes, that is right folks. I moved on from aprons and created a skirt. It was actually fairly easy and I don't know what the people on Project Runway are complaining about. I was able to design and create this look in an hour and a half! I know. Amazing. Let me tell you a little about the inspiration for this look. I have a skirt that I think is so comfy. So, I was looking at it thinking. "I can't believe I paid money for this skirt. I could build this." So, I went to the fabric store found this fabric. Totally guessed how much fabric to buy. Then basically copied my original skirt. TA-DA! Watch for me on Project Runway. I am so ready. Because I am making it work.



(please ignore the gray t-shirt.)

2 comments:

Meagan said...

WHY didn't you tell me you were going to Utah?! I would have tried to meet you there. How fun that you got to see Mindy and have a short, little vaca! Nicole...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the skirt! I am so impressed. I love the fabric. What's the fabric in the first pic for?? I think you need to make a duplicate and send it to me. ;) By the way..you look great!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Very cute!