Today is the first day of fall. I live in Las Vegas. I hate to argue with the calender but Fall isn't here. It is hot. It isn't blazing hot. But it is hot. Maybe, "Not blazing hot" means fall here. "Hot, Not blazing hot" isn't fall to me. Please understand, I am not complaining in any way shape or form. I am not wishing that I was back in Idaho for the winter. The hard part is wrapping my mind around the fact that Halloween is quickly approaching. Even harder to realize is that the Scrapbook retreat is very soon after Halloween. Which means Christmas will be here before I finish this post. Weather has a lot of power. Back in Washington we called it an Indian Summer. For those who don't know Indian Summer refers to the change in the color of leaves but the weather is still sunny and warm. Well, we don't get changing leaves here and the weather is still sunny and hot. So, the weather isn't helping me transition seasons.
(The official first day of fall. Grab your jackets.)
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Oh, Go jump in a pile of leaves...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen!
AGREED!!! Seriously. I have actually been going through serious seasons withdraws here in AZ because it never changes. I absolutely LOVE the FALL. And I won't see that here... I also think I will be most sad around Christmas time. I don't like the cold or snow, but there is just something magical and cozy about it at Christmas... I am with you!
Post a Comment