Tonight I had one of those moments that the scriptures teach us about. I was prepared. So, I did not fear. It might seem silly but I have to be prepared for anything that might come at me. I get so many crazies that I have learned to brace myself -a lot. Tonight I didn't realize it would be coming from a 7 year old. I was in a check stand and I greeted the kids parents. Then, I turned to the kid as I usually do because to be honest I would rather talk to kids than adults and they give you the inside info. Before I could even throw out my trusty "how is school going?" The kid pounced me with "WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM?" I think I took him by surprise when I asked him "College or Pro?" He was a little caught off guard. He thought for a second before he decided he wanted to know who my favorite pro team was. I replied without missing a bet "The Seahawks." I think the little boy was surprised I had an answer. His mom was trying to be polite and give me an out. I mean looking at me does it look like I could have a semi-informed discussion about football? To the both the parents surprise. I was prepared. I know a couple things about football thanks to my Dad. The boy was very interested now. So, he asked "who is your favorite college team?" We continued our convo for the rest of the transaction. I found out that he plays football. He practices at home with his dad. His dad sits in the chair and throws the ball to him. His favorite position to play is wide receiver. His favorite teams are the Packers and University of Michigan (he likes the blue and yellow). So, thank you Dad for teaching me about football so that I might be able to be prepared for these type of conversations.
p.s. on a side note if you need a football lesson check out my friend Darla's blog she is becoming a pro!

2 comments:
you are too cute! I miss your guts!
haha. Love this story. Kids are such crack ups. Way to be prepared, Nicole. And that is one cool kid if he likes the University of Michigan!
Post a Comment