I thought I had posted my pictures the last several days but. I guess something malfunctioned. So, here is some catch up pictures. On the 13th the picture of the day was "family" as I have been taking my pictures. I am often amazed at how the picture of the day fits in very nicely to what is happening in my life. This last week one of my Dad's sisters passed away. My parents have been helping with arrangements and have helped my Uncle and cousins figure out what needs done. My whole life my Dad has always told me that we take care of family. No matter what. So, even though I might not see my cousins often or I might not have anything in common with them I am still willing to help them. So, last Thursday evening I went with my parents to help because that is what we do.
These pictures aren't from the 13th but they work. The last day (hour) of our cruise in February Michelle fell on a slippery wet floor. So, I took her back to the room and used the blow dryer to dry her pants (our suitcases were already being unloaded)
Then I carried her back pack because her knee really hurt and that is what family does. (plus, I looked really cool wearing 2 back packs and pulling mom's carry on)
Then I cried in the airport when we said good bye. Because that is what I do. I really love my family and I am very grateful to have them.
On the 14th I was to take a picture of a Christmas tree. We (my parents, Amanda and I) put up this tree at the church. It looks nice in the foyer and even without the lights turned on. I think it makes the foyer feel festive and homey.
On the 15th I took a picture of my favorite Christmas song. I love them all. But, there is something special about singing them with a congregation. I love listening to the unperfectness (is that a word) somehow when the songs are sung with love and sincerity they sound perfect. Last night I attended a baptism for 2 sisters in the YSA ward. They have both been attending the ward for at least the last year and they both decided to be baptised at the same time. Such a great surprise! So, we had a double baptism last night and we sang Silent Night as the opening hymn. You could feel the Spirit and it wasn't because we are amazing singers. But, then for the closing hymn we sang what is known as the EFY medley. It is a wonderful song but one that typically needs to be rehearsed because it is tricky and the girls sing then the boys then there are parts. But, last night the congregation sang it and it sound and felt amazing.
Then tonight I took a picture of outdoor lights. I love Christmas lights. I love driving and seeing them I love the twinkly ones, I love white ones, I love colored, I love the snowmen, and reindeer, I love the spiral trees and the icicles ones. But, One of my favorite sights is right out our front door. Sadly, I am not a photographer and I tried most every setting on my camera and this is the best I could get in the pouring rain. But, I love looking out our front window and seeing our neighbors lights. They also have a giant tree that you can see in their front window. Normally, they have solid green lights but this year they had twinkle red and green lights and I love them.

1 comment:
Nicole I'm so glad that you are part of our family. You are compassionate and thoughtful to everyone.
We are so blessed to have family (and friends)that pulls together.
I love it when you do your blog challenges!
Post a Comment