Last week I made green (verde) enchiladas. Every week we have my Aunts and Grandma over for dinner. Last week I really wanted enchiladas. My mom mentioned that Amanda and Michelle made some yummy tomatillo ones. So, I emailed my good friend and got the recipe. They are yummy and so easy. Tonight I just made the "salsa" to eat and then I thought "hey this would be good on some chicken with a little cheese" So, I think tomorrow night we will have an invention.
Here is the recipe that AP emailed me. It isn't real exact but I seemed to be able to follow it and my family ate them all up!
Here is the recipe that AP emailed me. It isn't real exact but I seemed to be able to follow it and my family ate them all up!
Tomatillo Enchiladas
8-10 Tomatillos (the green things in that are surrounded by thin green paper)
1 small onion or half a large
8-10 Tomatillos (the green things in that are surrounded by thin green paper)
1 small onion or half a large
garlic however much you like
seasonings- salt, a pinch of cumin, garlic powder (or garlic salt if you omit the regular salt)
sugar a tablespoon or two or three?
medium sized flour tortillas
shredded chicken (I just boil chicken tenders or use the Costco rotisserie)
cheese
unwrap and wash the tomatillos really well, they are very sticky
cut the onion in half and boil the onion with the tomatillos for about 8-10 minutes once it gets to a boil. They should be softish but it doesn't matter how long you boil them just as long as they don't get too soft
put the tomatillos and onion in a blender with a little bit of the boiling water add the garlic, sugar and seasonings. I blend this with the top part of the blender lid off to avoid explosions just put a heavy towel over the hole blend until smooth
put the salsa into a flat dish that is wide enough to fit the tortillas (ok, I skipped this part and just spooned it into the tortilla)
drench a tortilla in the salsa and fill with chicken and a little cheese roll and put into a 9x13 pan that has a little salsa on the bottom
repeat until the pan is packed with enchiladas
top with remaining salsa and more cheese if desired and bake for (I have no idea how long?!) maybe 15-20 minutes but check on it at 350 degrees.
2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to make sense of my nonsense :) I need to try them out with corn tortillas next. I haven't had them for so long!! I do make the salsa at the Hoyts sometimes though, but it's not the same as enchiladas.
oh and I think dipping them in the salsa goes quicker and I am just not patient so I make a big mess of things and do it that way haha.
Post a Comment