Wednesday, January 18, 2012

snow day

As an adult you don't normally get a snow day. You still have to got to work, Especially if-
A) You have 4 wheel drive.
B) Only live 6 miles from work
C) Your boss knows where you live and it is on his way to work.
D) You are currently doing the work of 2 people.
E) You have a ton of work and you are behind.
F) You survived winter in Rexburg, ID
G) Your sore throat isn't much it is basically just a tickle.
H) You kind of want to try out the new car in the snow...See A.

All of these applied to me this morning. I could hear the wind blowing and I could see the drifting start but I just couldn't let myself have a snow day. But, the boss did declare that it was Casual Wednesday which meant I got to wear jeans to work (sad but this really is something we look forward to) and he ordered us pizza for lunch (this is a real treat in our office as our GM is a penny pincher.) Then at 3 we were told to get stuff wrapped up and that we should all leave at 4 so we would be home by dark. Leaving at 4 felt like an early release day! oh and Casual Wednesday is being carried over to Casual Thursday!

And in case anyone wants to know Luna (remember my new car) she loves the snow! She handles really well. Luna and I might have pulled a few donuts just to see....

No comments: