Monday, January 9, 2012
first day
Today was my "real" first day of my new position at work. I say "real" because all of the paper work is dated Jan. 4th but today was the first day I was working all alone. Yep, no amigos. Just me. I will get a assistant clerk. I can't wait until they hire me a friend. Until then I get to do the work of two people. Which doesn't sound so bad but it is a lot! Today I was able to pawn two tasks off on someone else but to be honest it really didn't save me any. I started the day with 3 days of work on my desk and I ended with 3 different days work on my desk. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked because I had my yearly review. (SURPRISE!) I was called into my managers office at 3:30. I didn't leave his office until 4:40. It is was a really good review. (A little amazed it went so well- I have a "glass half empty" type of manager) I was dying to get back to work- but he kept saying how great I am as an employee and how he is just so amazed that at what I have accomplished this last year. So, yes I still have 3 days worth of money to apply to patients accounts but at least I know my manager likes the work I am doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Nicole!! Of course, we knew you would be great!
Post a Comment