Wednesday, April 6, 2011

typos

In each patients file we have notes regarding the insurance. We have to verify the insurance upon intake and then we note in the account the type, what the coverage is, deductible, how much has been meet, stop loss, if they have special billing instructions all sorts of info. Today I found a type-o. It was regarding a baby's insurance. It said "Baby will be terminated if insurance doesn't receive paperwork by March 5th." This insurance means business. If you don't get that paperwork in then you better lock your doors and don't you dare answer the phone. Then I thought oh dear- what an awful job to be the "baby terminator" I was imagining someone knocking on your door asking for your paper work and then saying "I'll be back" when you don't have it. I am really grateful to know that the baby wasn't terminated nor was the baby's insurance.

No comments: