This is a diagram of a rain shadow. I remember learning about rain shadows in 4th grade. We were learning about the state of Washington and I remember my teacher explaining the rain shadow and I thought "This is why it rains so much where I live." After that whenever people find out I am from Washington and they give me that look like I am crazy to want to live in a rainy place. I feel the urge to explain how the rain shadow works.Since I moved to Las Vegas I have been trying to figure out why it is so windy here. I am not claiming to know for sure but I have a theory because LV is in a valley the wind gets in the valley and can't find a way out so it just keeps blowing around bouncing off of the mountains. Until it finally finds a way out. I am sure that I am totally wrong but it is just a theory.
I am just glad that it isn't windy today. The wind most have found a way out.
No comments:
Post a Comment