Thursday, April 1, 2010

+/- of flying

I love to fly. I love to know I am going to a new destination. I love the feeling of taking off. I love looking out the window and seeing my destination. I love that I can sit back and relax and read or watch a movie on my iPod. I don't have to worry about traffic or making sure the vehicle is in proper working order. I just ride.

I know people who don't like to fly. This is really hard for me to understand I mean I just get on and away we go. But, I don't get sick. I don't get nervous about being a billion miles in the air. I don't worry that the pilots won't know what to do. I just get on and wait. I like to sit in the airport. It doesn't create anxiety. I don't mind waiting. I don't mind being cramped in my seat. I don't have a bad back that doesn't like to sit to long. I don't have extra long legs that need room to move around. I guess I am just happy to know that when we land I will be at my destination.

I got to fly last night. I was tired. I was sitting next to two young ladies who couldn't stop bouncing in their sits. The ate there sandwiches, they played games on their phones, they read magazines, they giggled, they read over my shoulder, they stared at me. I felt like a party pooper because I didn't show my excitement. I was tired. I had worked 10 days straight. Typically I would have loved sitting by these girls but last night I just wanted to hand over my book to the girls. That way they could stop reading over my shoulder.

HELLO WASHINGTON!

1 comment:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I wish I was like that. I get on a plane and I have to remind myself to breathe in and out. Have fun in Washington!