Christmas was really great this year. My family came and we had a great time. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. We got to spend time with our extended Bowden family which was as always so much fun. We played games, ate really good food and watched movies. It truly was a wonderful Christmas. We didn't go to far from our normal family tradition this year even though we were in Vegas. It started with my Dad waking Chyla and me up telling us Santa had come. (Which we all ready knew. We were sleeping in the living room.) So, When Chyla and I realized Michelle wasn't awake. We moved. We ran to where she was sleeping and pounced. You see me and Chyla like to gang up against Michelle as much as possible. We told her as soon as she wakes up we could open presents. She jumped out of bed ready for presents. Then the normal game commenced. I enlisted my family to see how long we could make Michelle wait to actually open gifts. (It was great!) We all got showered and ready then we ate traditional breakfast. Then we stalled. Finally, we moved on to gifts. I was truly spoiled this year. My parents bought me a new camera which is great. But, I also got a tin of Aunt Marilyn's Cherry Cakes which were amazing by themselves. But, Aunt Marilyn also gave me her charm bracelet along with a letter explaining her charms. It is very special and I love it. I am ready to start my own. I would add to it but it is very full. In the letter she said that she hoped I wouldn't mind a "hand me down" gift. She said that she knew that she wanted me to have the charm bracelet now so that she could see me enjoy it. I do. I love it. It tells a story of her life. After we drug out the opening of gifts we joined the Bowden's for Christmas dinner. It is always fun with the Bowden's and our family is blessed by their friendship. All in all I think Christmas was a success. I think that everyone enjoyed our time together and I think that we all wished it could last longer.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
They came..They went
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish it would have lasted forever! I guess that's why we're a family though! :) Thanks for Christmas Nicole I really needed it! I love you!!!!
Post a Comment