So, Today is the official first day of meeting schedule change. Our ward now starts at 1:30... I woke up this morning and didn't know what to do until Church. I read a little, got ready extra slow, put dinner into the crock pot and then sat and waited. Finally, we left for church. We got there on time and the meeting actually started on time. I wasn't aware that I would soon become the center of attention. Our 2nd Counselor started the meeting with the normal ward business. He released a bunch of callings. Which isn't abnormal. Our ward is always changing. Then he filled a few callings. Then it happened. As you receive a calling in the church you typically are asked serve before it is presented to the congregation. Well, as you can probably see where this is headed. I am sitting there when all of the sudden I hear my name being called over the pulpit. I looked at Heidi. Did they just say my name? I wasn't sure what to do. Do I stand? I haven't been talked to about a calling. As I was slowly standing up. The counselor realizes that he hadn't talked to me yet. He turns to the Bishop and says "I knew we hadn't talked to her yet." Everyone is laughing at the awkwardness of this. I figure that he would just say that he would talk to me after the meeting. Nope. He went right on. He asked me to serve as the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator. I of course was bright red. But, I accepted and I am willing to serve. I am just grateful that it wasn't like in the early days of the church when men were called to serve missions over the pulpit. You might wonder what is a "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator" Well, I am in charge of any extra meetings that our Relief Society might need. (formally known as Enrichment). I know that this calling wasn't just pulled out of thin air. It is a call from Heavenly Father. The Bishopric did pray and receive an answer. I am grateful for the Bishopric and all that they do for me and the ward. I am also very grateful for the opportunity to serve. I am excited to get to know the women in my Relief Society better so that I might be able to serve them.
Mosiah 4:15 But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment