Thursday, July 23, 2009

When I grow up..

I have been trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up my whole life. I told my mom when I was little that I wanted to be a bag lady because l loved purses and bags. I didn't know that being a bag lady meant you also got a shopping cart and your bags consisted of a collection hefty bags and that you had to talk to yourself as you sat on a busy street corner. Then I considered a marine biologist this was after a trip to Hawaii. I thought that all that you did as a marine biologist was play with dolphins and hang out at the beach. Then I realized there is a lot of science hence the biologist part. I went to college... I took lots of classes. I studied. I did carreer profiles, I prayed. Still, not sure what I wanted to be I decided that psychology was holding my interest. I loved learning about people and how the brain works. I also felt that with psychology I could help people. Well, obviously I work a job that doesn't directly deal with my degree. But, I find that I use psychology all the time. Anyway, Heidi has inspired me. I love helping her brainstorm and come up with creative bulletin boards for her classroom. I decided that I should be a bulletin board designer. I could come up with cute boards for teachers and I would do all the work for them. Teachers are busy they don't have time to mess with welcome back boards. The downfall is that teachers don't make much money so I don't see this business making a lot of money. On a related note. Heidi and I have come up with the cutest idea for her classroom theme for this next year. We were rookies last year and didn't have a good theme for the classroom. This year we are ready and we have it and we have it really early so we can prepare. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

so what is it?? michelle cut my moms hair and it is so cute I had fun visiting with her the other day you need to come home so we can play.

Aves said...

I want to hear your ideas! I wish I was more creative that way. My job right now doesnt deal with my degree either, but I am hoping I get back towards marketing and advertising ~ I really miss it. But I am with you, every day I think, what on earth am I doing and what do I want to do?? The older I get, the less I seem to know. Miss you girl! You and Heidi should make another trip out here when Kristi moves back with the new baby, it would be fun. What else is new??

Julie Canfield said...

oh man i really do love you guys and miss you a bunch! im so glad everything is LV is going good.. and by the way, i know where you took that picture!!!! :)