
I normally don't let what people say to me at work bug me. But, today I had a lady get upset at me and demand to know my name so she could report me to the manager. (Note: I was the manager.)
Here is what happened:
The checker is nicely checking out her groceries. I come up because I notice that it is a big order and I thought I would help bag it up so we could get this lady out the door and basically I just wanted to get my lines down. I greeted her and asked if she had found everything alright. She said "NO!" in a very rude tone. Then continued with "This was the worst shopping experience I have ever had at Smith's" I was shocked and I asked her "why was it so bad?" She told me we didn't have any ham. A little confused as to why she was so upset over the ham. I asked her if she checked with the meat dept. She said "yes. And they won't have any until Monday. This is a grocery store how could we be out of ham until Monday?" I tried to explain that sometimes we do run out of things and we try to not let that happen but every now and then our demand exceeds our supply. This is where she exploded and demanded to know my name. I was shocked and I told her my name. I finished bagging the order and thanked her and walked away. She said something to the checker after I left and I didn't even want to know what she said. The back up checker (who was heading back to their dept.) walked by me after he was done and rolled his eyes and laughed at me.
Does this lady not understand that we run out of stuff? We don't have a stock of never ending pigs on hand. Sometimes we run out of hams. Get over it. Eat chicken. We had lots of chicken or how about a roast they are tasty and if you want the butcher will throw some seasoning on it for you for free. Just ask. Have a plan B lady.
Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent.
4 comments:
That is RIDICULOUS. Do people have nothing better to do than complain and make others ticked off? There are like 800 grocery stores. Did you tell her to take her fat lazy cheeks to a different store that has ham. UNBELIEVABLE. You handled it very nicely! haha. how are you these days?
that is funny I was in the airport flying back to seattle from Salt lake and I heard this lady yelling at her kids very loudly in public Carson got away from me just for a sec (about 10 feet away from me) and he walked in front of her and her kids while they were walking wheeling their suit cases, I said "Carson come here" the lady looked at me and said "yeah get your damn kid out of the way" how rude
People are so funny, actually not funny just plain rude. You know me wait till the last minute to do Christmas shopping, Easter shopping and etc. So I know what to expect, long lines, no items that I'm looking for and usually cranky checkers (and I don't blame them). It never fails that the person in front of me is complaining about all of the above.. I would so love to say "THEN DON'T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE..WHAT DO YOU EXPECT"? *lol*
Hang in there Nicole.. People are just rude!!!
Oh my China. I am sorry you had to deal with that lady. I wouldn't know what to do if someone yelled at me. I would probably start crying and leave. That is why they would never ever put me in a manager position. You handled it great. I wrote you an email a while ago, did you ever get it?
Post a Comment