Saturday, April 11, 2009

I've been told...

I have been told that in Family history you should start with the present. Meaning start with your self and work back. So, since blogger always puts my photos in reverse order I am doing just that. I am starting with the last picture in my camera in order to update you on my really fun life. I went to Utah on the 28th because Face graduated and my parents were in Utah to support her. It worked out really nicely because Heidi was driving up to see her family that weekend already. So, I hitched a ride.
This is my Dad wearing his brand new Utes sweatshirt. He really wanted it because they are number one in something and since he was in Utah he felt he needed it. Also, notice his relaxed expression this was before he knew he was next for a haircut. (J/K)
This is Mom getting her hair highlighted. Look at how excited she looks. Michelle did an awesome job.

Ok, So this is Heidi and her Dad (I call him Daddy-B). We went to Claim Jumper for dinner before we went to Utah. It was really tasty. I highly recommend the BBQ chicken sandwich.
The weekend before I went to Utah I flew home to Washington. We were celebrating Great Grandma's 90th bday. It was great! I got to see lots of extended family I haven't seen in a really long time. I love that even though we don't see each other very often when we get together it is like we haven't missed a beat.
This funny looking guy is My Great Uncle Gary. Watch out for him he likes to cause trouble and will blame it on anyone. I will show you what I mean in a few pictures. But remember this face = trouble.


Here is Auntie Marilyn. We were reenacting a picture from 20+ years ago of me sitting on her lap. It didn't work out as well as it did 20 years ago.

Then of course we had to have every combination of Grandma/grand kids/great grand kids/children/in laws/cousins/friends/passersby from the party across the hall pictures done. I think this is supposed to be Grandma/grand kids/great grand kids.

I bet you didn't know I was related to ZZ Top. =) Of course, here are two of my cousins. It is a relief to see these two because we see each other regularly so I know what to talk about with these guys! oh, and I tried to convince Joe to let me cut that thing of his chin with no success.

Here I am with the Birthday Girl! I love my Grandma she is so funny. Her birthday was actually on Wednesday and so people celebrated on Wednesday as they were leaving they said we will see you at your party on Saturday and her reply was "if I live that long."

Ok, I told you to remember Uncle Gary this picture proves that he causes trouble. First thing he did at the party was stick his finger in the cake and he tried to blame me. I couldn't believe he would tell people I did it. I am a lady. I know better than to stick my finger in a 90 year old ladies birthday cake.


Saturday before we left for the party we were trying to decide what hats to wear to the party and these are what we picked out. Since Michelle wasn't able to come we picked one out for her to wear for next time.

Ok, so that is all I have you are know up to date. If this made no sense to you just read it as you scroll back to the top of the page.

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that hat picture is great you guys are too funny. were we in Utah at the same time?

Aves said...

Looks like you had so much fun with your family! Good times. I love getting together and just relaxing and having fun. PS I LOVE Claim Jumpers. I always go with my family when I am home visiting in Washington! So what are your plans as of late? Kristi mentioned you might be moving??

Meagan said...

Loved the pics! Nicole, I love your hair, so cute. I miss you tons!