Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Olympics, I am so confused...


I can't decide how I feel about the summer Olympics. I can see the talent that the competitors have. That is obvious. The problem I have with the Olympics is that I hate when other countries win. Also, how are some of these sports in the Olympics? I didn't know that white water kayaking was an Olympic sport. What is judo? Then to contradict my feelings on other countries winning...I love that the kayaker from Togo won a bronze medal. It is the first medal ever for that country! How exciting for the country of Togo. He is the only competitor for his country also. Pretty awesome for him! Anyway, I just thought I would share my mixed feelings for the Olympic.

1 comment:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I agree I get upset every time China wins, because I don't like their politics or the fact that they support a genocide in Darfur. Sean always tells me "honey it's not that person", but in my head I totally think they are the same. I get my panties all in a wad and huff and puff. Seriously, I didn't know I had such american pride until this Olympics.