Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthday Weekend Review!

I had the best time at home this weekend! It went by so quickly that I feel like it was a dream. I was able to get in on an earlier flight on Thursday. When my mom picked me up we went to the hospital to see my friend Parker's new baby. She was so tiny and it was really nice to catch up with Parker and to actually meet his wife. Then Friday my Dad and I went to the DMV to get my license renewed. What a fun time that was. Then we came home to set up my parent's new sleep number bed. Just in case anyone plans on buying a sleep number bed don't pay the extra money to have someone set it up it is so easy. All you need is a rubber mallet and it all just clicks together. Save the money and buy some new sheets and pillows. Then my parent's took me to town to buy my Birthday present. I was shocked when my Dad asked if I wanted a new laptop for my bday! It is a Gateway, it is red, it is way lighter than my old one, & the power cord stays plugged in. I don't know much about computers but so far it is great. I am so grateful because my other computer (Bif is his name) has been creating problems for me. Then Saturday for my bday we went to IHOP for breakfast. (side note: My mom loves IHOP. I didn't know this about her.) Then my Mom and I went to a scrapbooking crop at Treasury of Memories with a whole bunch of wonderful women! It was so much fun to see everyone and to just be crafty all together! I finished my 25 days to 25 and I will post pics of it soon. Thanks to everyone who called, emailed, text me it was a great knowing so many people were thinking of my on my birthday! Then on Sunday I went to church with my parents. I love going to my home ward to see all the changes. I also love seeing the little primary kids. Family wards are so much more shall we say "active" then the singles ward. Then I stopped to see Lesha and her lil guy on my way to the airport. It was so good to see her and Carson he is so cute! Then just like that it was over. I was on the plane reading my Mom's copy of Breaking Dawn (she is still on Eclipse so she doesn't need it yet.) What a wonderful weekend! I am so grateful for my parents and them making it possible for me to come home! "Thanks Parrots!"

6 comments:

Picture This said...

im so glad you had a grand weekend...wish i coulda came and hungout..next time for sure..your so funny! hope all is well..

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Nicoleeee!!!! You look so cute with your new hair do, and I love your shirt, where did you get it?

Peter and Lesha said...

You totally caught me off guard I knew you were in town but then I forgot, anyway I am glad you stopped by we need to do lunch or dinner next time and really catch up. Glad you had a fun week. it seems like just yesterday we were roommates at good old BYUi and it's been 6 years already, wow we are getting old!

Aves said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you got my note earlier on facebook! And I really like your hair, its so cute :)

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I really love your hair!

Meagan said...

Nicole! You cut your hair. It's so cute! Love it. I miss you!