I have named myself the Personal Progress Cheerleader. I will encourage the YW to do Personal Progress every chance I get. I don't care if they are sick of hearing me say it. I love the Personal Progress program and I want them to love it too. I think all of my plugs might be working. Wednesday we had one of our beautiful, talented and amazing YW teach us how to do cake decorating. She is currently taking a class and wanted to teach the other girls some of the things she has been learning! She didn't want to be in the picture. But, look at these cute little cakes she did! She planned the whole activity herself. She made all the mini cakes for the YW and had them frozen and ready to decorate. She turned 8 lbs of powder sugar into icing and she did the set up and the take down. She even made all the girls those cute chocolate decorations so that they could add them to their cakes. WAY TO GO "B"! She will be set to sign off a value project (knowledge) as soon as she is done with her class.
But before we could really get the ball rolling on Personal Progress. We needed to know where everyone was at. I love themes so we had a check up. We had a doctor theme. I even wore my scrubs from a few Halloweens ago. It was so much fun! Each member of the YW presidency had a station where we did a check up. AP had interviews with each YW to find out what is going on with them. I had my laptop and we created a lds.org login and I showed them how to do Personal Progress online! Which is so cool! Then we set a individual goal for each girl (her prescription) Kristy (our new pres member who we love!) had a questionnaire that she filled out with each girl to help her get to know them and so that we could update their favs/contact info/any concerns that they have.
Then I found the best idea on the interweb. A hand out with QR codes! Did you know you can make them? I am still learning so as soon as I figure it out I will share.But, essentially each code takes you to a website that relates to our topic!




1 comment:
You guys are seriously the best ever!!! So clever!!!
Post a Comment