Friday, January 3, 2014

Movie review

We had a new theater open here in the big city over a year ago. Until a couple weeks ago I had only been to see 1 movie at tge new theater. A whole year and only 1 movie. That seemed insane. So I have been trying to make up for all that time. So? First, I went and saw Frozen. Love love love!! I love these new Disney princesses. They are amazing. I love Frozen for several reasons.
1. It is about sisters. Hello, I have sisters and I can totally relate. I am pretty sure I am the one bouncing on their beds begging to build a snowman. 
2. The Music!! It reminds me of Wicked (maybe because it has the same people??) but, they are songs you just want to sing too! the music also has  Pochahantas and Hercules flair to it. (I even downloaded the soundtrack I love it that much. 
3. The animation captures magic. I think snowflakes are magic. So, that only makes sense. 
4. Oloof. The snowman. I want a magic snowman. 
 
Then dad and I went to Catching Fire. It was also great. I had to hurry and reread the books before I allowed myself to go see it. Man, I forgot a lot of what happens. I love Katniss. She is great. 

Then we a went and saw Saving Mr. Banks. So good! I love Mary Poppins (shocker I know) so I knew I would love this movie. I love Mrs. Travers. I see Mary Poppins in a new light and I love her even more. I especially love the driver Ralph. Go see it and then when you get home rewatch Mary Poppins. 
And then just because AP hadn't seen Frozen yet I went with her and watched it again. It was all I could do to not sing along. The best part about seeing kid movies is hearing the kids reactions. Like during the end when it is a bit intense and everything goes quiet and the kid announces that she was ready to go home. I just thought "hang in there kid. This isn't the end. True love can still save the day."

Oh, thank goodness some good movies came to town. 

No comments: