Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stand in Holy Places

Today the Young Women had their New Beginning program during sacrament meeting. I can't even express how great they all were. They each spoke on what standing in holy places means to them then they touched on what they were doing to work on their personal progress. They also sang with the young men, they sounded so great! They have been practicing every Wednesday night at mutual for several weeks. I loved to see them work together and even though the boys weren't thrilled to sing they did anyway.

As I sat in the chapel listening to them I felt like my heart was going to burst. The spirit was so strong. I know that these girls have challenges but the way that they face them and the way that they honestly want to be better is amazing to me. They try to make school a better place by helping others, they listen to uplifting music, they hang pictures of the temple in their rooms, they are willing to serve those around them.

I am so grateful for the example that they are in my life and that I get to learn from them they inspire me more than they will ever know.

No comments: