This last month or so I have been trying to make a BIG choice. It is a decision that I have needed to make for a while. I just can't seem to come up with the right choice. I think about it pretty much night and day. Whatever I choose will have a pretty huge impact on the rest of my life (wow, Nicole-Let's be dramatic) Anyway, it came to my attention that many of my friends have already made this choice and most of them seem happy. I guess I just have a process in making big decisions. I think... I think... I think... I brainstorm... I brainstorm... I weigh options... I make a list... I think some more... My family thinks that I waffle. That might be true during the deciding process but that is allowed. That is how it works you go back and forth. But, once I commit. I am committed one hundred percent. I do not change my mind. So, here is what I have been trying to decide. What is my favorite animal? I know not a huge deal -right? wrong. It is. Once you declare that you love a certain animal suddenly when people see that animal they think you have to have it. Even if it is an ugly dollar store figurine. But if you like ladybugs suddenly people think you must own every single thing in the universe that has a ladybug on it. Why? I don't know. So, I really thought about this and every animal I think of I shoot down. Not because I hate animals. It just wasn't right.
I thought about a dog. I like dogs but they are sooo common.
I thought about a dog. I like dogs but they are sooo common.
I thought about whales... But, I tried those out in 6th grade but middle school was a tough time for me and I didn't like all the memories associated with whales (or dolphins)
So, let's try another sea animal. A seahorse... Although super cool- Not for me.
(even though they do perplex me)
(even though they do perplex me)
Then I though ah-ha! A Lion! Perfect I am a Leo. My Ipod is named Leo they are royal, they are strong, they look super cool, they live in Africa. I love the Lion King (ah-shu-been-ya!) But, nope. I can't do it. I would never want to encounter a Lion. And I feel like if you love an animal then you should be ok with a chance encounter. I would defiantly not be ok with an encounter with a lion.
So, maybe a Hummingbird. I rescued one once. Did you know that? Yep, it flew into one of the guard stations when I worked at the oil refinery. After we chased it around trying to catch it and it- it panicked it flew into a window and knocked itself out. So, I scooped it into a baseball cap and took it outside and laid it on the picnic bench and kept an eye on it until it woke up. My coworkers were certain it was dead. But, I had faith that it was fine and sure enough he/she (I don't know how to tell) was back up and buzzing around within a half hour. But, hummingbirds didn't feel right.


Then I had an idea. Nicole! Think outside the box! So, I did. And I settled this really big choice for myself. A DINOSAUR!!! I love Land Before Time. I will never have a chance encounter with one. They are mysterious. They make me smile. They could be any color. Because really who truly knows that dinos were green? And this necklace is on etsy and it is sooo cute!





2 comments:
What a grand post! I had all kinds of imaginings of what that big decision was (you were good, pulling us in and all).
I will always think of you when I think of dinosaurs now.
Finally! I can attest that people will get you items related to that animal all the time. I get so many Bee things, but I LOVE IT! haha. I also love Elephants so bees are my favorite insect, Elephants are my favorite animal.
Your next assignment, favorite insect?
Post a Comment