We had a temple trip with the youth a last week. I love that I get to spend time serving these amazing Young Women. They are such examples to me. I love that they were all willing to give their time to serve in the temple. I love that I get to see so many sides of their personalities. At the temple we are reverent and we are respectful. You can feel the spirit so strong and I love that these youth can recognize this special feeling. The Vancouver temple was dedicated 2 years ago. The day after I moved back to Washington to be exact. The youth were able to participate in a special celebration. I wasn't able to attend since I was on the road trekking home. But, I have heard so much about it. I love that even though it was two years ago they still bring up the special experiences that they had when they are on the way to the temple. The last time our group went to the temple I was riding in the car with some of the girls and I would hear them say "remember when such and such happened at TYC?" or "remember so and so from TYC?" They will forever be able to look on those memories and remember the special feelings they had as they prepared to celebrate the dedication of the temple. I am grateful that I am able to attend the temple and feel the peace that dwells there. I know that the temple is a special place I know that blessings do come from attending the temple and I know that it is a house of God.
In case you are wondering... This is from lds.org so if you want to learn more I would encourage you to go do some reading...
What is it like inside the temple?
The temple is a peaceful, sacred place, set apart from the cares and turmoil of the world. All areas of the temple are beautifully and carefully maintained to preserve a spirit of reverence. Because it is the Lord’s house, and because of the sacred work performed there, in the temple we can feel the Spirit abundantly and feel close to the Lord. There we can receive personal revelation and spiritual strength to help us overcome our trials. This is part of the reason we are encouraged to attend the temple regularly.

No comments:
Post a Comment