Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain


Today, it started to rain while I was on my lunch. Not anything new I do live in Washington. But, as it started to rain harder as I was walking across the parking lot I thought back to a question that I asked Michelle on vacation. Here is the back story. We were supposed to go snorkeling but the water was really rough. So, we decided that we would just play in the waves. We actually didn't even have to go very far until the water was waist deep. We were happy playing in the waves when it suddenly started to pour down rain. I looked at Michelle and said "Should we get out of the water?" She answered "why? we are already wet." After that we just kept playing in the ocean. Today, as I was walking through the parking lot and it started to rain I thought about returning to my car and running my errand another time. (I was parked FAR from the entrance of the store) But, then I thought. No, just take care of the errand. Then I laughed as I remembered that not even a month ago I was perfectly happy to be stuck in the rain and how quickly my perspective had changed. I was already wet. So, I put on a smile and as I walked by a lady that was done loading her car I asked if I could return her cart. I think I might have surprised her a little bit but I could tell that she appreciated getting out of the rain. In Young Women's we are encouraging the girls to set little daily goals one that has been on my list for a while has been to just be kind. It shouldn't be that hard but sometimes it does take a little extra effort to be kind. So, tomorrow once again I will be putting be kind on my daily goal list even if I do get a little wet in the process.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm so glad to refind your blog. Your question to Michelle is pretty darn funny. I can just hear you laugh when she answered.

Those young women are so lucky to have you.