Monday, March 12, 2012

life update

In January I took a new position at work. It has been stressful. Much more stressful than I thought it would be. I did the work of two people for nearly two months. I didn't realize how much more work I was taking on. The week before I left for vacation they hired my "assistant." It sounds fancy to have an assistant. But to be honest we are just a team. I felt a little bad leaving just as she was learning the ropes. But, Jill is catching on amazingly well and for the first time I can see over the pile on my desk.

Other than work being more stress than I bargained for life has been busy. I have two callings at church. One in my YSA ward. I am on the WA young single adult committee (WAYSAC) I get to serve on a committee with other YSAs in the Northwest area. I didn't think that being on a committee with a bunch of other people and one activity a month would be as much work as it has. Since our committee is spread from Bellingham to Seattle we do most of our communicating by email and I love it! My other calling is bit special I get to serve in with the Young Women in my parents ward. I had NO idea how much work and how much fun it would be to work with the YW. I don't feel like I am that much older than these girls- I feel like I can relate to them but then as I get to know them I am surprised at the things that they face that I had no idea about. I love serving them and I love getting to know them. Besides not knowing how much work I would be doing in YWs I also didn't know how much I would worry about them.

Other than feeling about ready to have a Jessie Spano nervous break down (minus the addiction to caffeine pills) I am loving my crazy life.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Let's have a stomping party, I think that could help us with our stresses :) ps thanks again for the treat tonight!! No adverse effects ;)