Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Joy in the Journey part 2

Once we got on the ship we had almost smooth sailing. No one got sick, no one fought, no one got sun burned (at least bad) and we all had a lot of fun!

Leaving Ft Lauderdale. Bon Voyage!

At the muster learning what to do if we have an emergency. 7 short blasts followed by 1 long blast. Then we are supposed to return to our rooms retrieve our lifevests and proceed to muster area A. Where we will wait for instructions from the bridge. (If I could say that in a british accent I could have a job)







Here we are on our first excursion taking a tender. On day one we went to the Princess Cays island. It is a private island owned by Princess and it was amazing. The water was a little rough and it did rain for a few minutes but it was still amazing.


We rented a little beach bungalow. It was nice to have a little air conditioned place to escape the rain for a few minutes and to have a place to stow our belongings as we roamed the island.


A trip wouldn't be complete unless we played some cards. Yes, I played Hand and foot and my team won a few times! For those who might not know me. I don't like playing cards with my sister, she likes to be competive and I am so not. But, I think we had a good time and in the end she even wanted to be my teammate because I was a winner! Even if she hated the team names I would pick.



I found the cutest desseret one day at lunch. It is a meriange sandwich. It had yummy strawberry goodness in the middle. The white part tasted like heavenly cotton candy!


No comments: