Monday, March 21, 2011

rainbows and plaid

Happy late St. Patrick's day! Did you know that St. Patrick's day is my 2nd favorite holiday? It is. I don't really know why it gets 2nd place but it does. I brought these cupcakes to work hence the picture of a cupcake on my desk. If you ever want to feel good about yourself then you should just make these cupcakes and take them to work. Everyone oohed and ahhed. One lady thought they were store bought! She thought that they looked good enough to have come from a store! Can you imagine. My boss even came out of his office and exclaimed "OH! WHAT CUTE CUPCAKES!" Did you know that Saturday is go "Search for a rainbow day?"



Saturday I was getting ready to leave when I heard my Dad and Grandad out working on a "thing." Grandad loves to "invent" stuff. They said they were working on a "billy goat" I thought it was another invention of Grandad's. I was really hoping they didn't have an actual goat out there. Thankfully we didn't have any four legged animals in the yard. It is like a vacuum for your yard. I think- t is suppose to pick up the stuff and suck it into a bag. I guess it wasn't working right so they were fixing it. But as I was learning all about the "billy goat" I realized something. My dad and grandad were both wearing blue plaid flannel work shirts. I also realized they must kind of like me because they humored me and let me take their picture and when I said pretend to work on it so I could get an action shot they both talked about what they thought was wrong while I took the picture. To bad I wasn't a video recording it would have been a lot more actiony.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

you are funny. those are cute cupcakes and I need to feel good about myself but I think you should just bring me a cupcake that would help be feel good about myself :)

Nicole said...

Lesha, I could do that.